Join UN Convention Against Traffic in Persons and Exploitation of the Prostitution of Others
0 have signed. Let’s get to 125!
Throughout humanity history, atrocities and exploitation such as slavery, human trafficking and forced prostitution have tarnished many aspects of civilization and humanity. Despite much efforts from the global community, these social tragedies are still rampant globally. And as the world population increases and with resources distribution scarcity due to inequality and injustice, human trafficking and forced slavery, labor and prostitution are getting worse and not better. The percentage of people suffering under these conditions may be less or comparable to the past. However, the number of sufferers or victims are much higher due the population growth over the millenniums. These acts of social ills have caused much sufferings to people as well as societies. Therefore, comprehensive and effective efforts and actions from the global community are necessary to eliminate these scourges from societies.
There are many potential solutions to the problems. However, comprehensive and effective solutions addressing problems at the root causes would require the collaboration, social responsibility and goodwill from the global community for implementation, enforcement and sustainment. Many key or main solutions can be such as:
* Global Governance would eliminate geographic borders and social barriers such as would allow people to move freely as global citizens and participate in such economical, social, cultural, civil and political activities.
* Implementing and enforcing UN Convention on the Rights of Migrants and Their Families.
* Implementing and enforcing UN Convention on Economical, Social and Cultural Rights.
* Implementing and enforcing UN Convention on Civil and Political Cultural Rights.
* Implementing and enforcing UN declaration on Indigenous Rights.
* Implementing and enforcing UN Convention Against All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
* Implementing and enforcing UN Convention Against All Forms of Discrimination Against Women.
* Implementing and enforcing UN Universal Human Rights Declaration.
* Implementing and enforcing UN Convention on the Child Rights.
* Implementing and enforcing UN Convention on the Suppression of the Traffic in Persons and of the Exploitation of the Prostitution of Others.
The above are just a few of the many ideas, work and efforts from the aspirations and inspirations of previous generations. Basically, the collaboration and goodwill of the global community can create a World Governance, social structures and institutions to implement and enforce UN Conventions and international treaties and further build on these accomplishment or achievement. And thus, much of sufferings due to social inequality, injustice, exploitation, oppression, violence, abuse and other forms of social ills can be prevented and eliminated.
Link to UN Convention on the Suppression of the Traffic in Persons and of the Exploitation of the Prostitution of Others: http://treaties.un.org/Pages/ViewDetails.aspx?src=IND&mtdsg_no=VII-11-a&chapter=7〈=en
Today: Vu is counting on you
Vu Nguyen needs your help with “Join UN Convention Against Traffic in Persons and Exploitation of the Prostitution of Others”. Join Vu and 48 supporters today.