Join the fight to give renters a voice
For families that can barely make rent, home has become a cause of stress rather than a source of security. It's time renters had a voice.
Make Room is a campaign to move America's renters to the top of the agenda.
Nationally, 11 million households, or one in four families that rent, spend more than half of their income on rent and utilities.
This results in nearly impossible decisions between rent and paying for groceries, medicine, childcare and other essentials.
Launched in May 2015, Make Room advocates to build more affordable homes and help families keep more money in their pockets to afford their rent.
When families are able to afford decent homes, they have a better shot at success in life. Without one, millions of hard-working families who aspire to a better future will fall through the cracks.
Sign the pledge to get renters on our nation’s agenda.
I support the Make Room campaign’s effort to:
- Advocate for policies that encourage development of affordable rental homes
- Raise awareness among policymakers and the media about the economic squeeze renters face today
- Spark a dialogue among leaders in the business community on rental affordability and solutions
- Mobilize a network of supporters to advocate for change
- Bring in new supporters through events and forums across the country
Make Room started this pledge with a single signature, and now has 54,066 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.