- John Cleverley at Hampshire Roads Policing UnitOfficer responsible for this decision
- Stuart Jarvis at Hampshire County CouncilDirector of Environment and Transport and Economy
- Rob Humby at Hampshire County CouncilExecutive member for Environment, Transport
Make it safer, make it 40 (on the A33 at Kings Worthy, near Winchester)
The layout of the 'Cart and Horses' junction on the A33 in the Worthys, near Winchester, has been altered to improve safety but the original plan was to reduce the speed limit too . Following a safety audit, more changes are going to be made to improve the layout , but we now hear that the speed limit reduction to 40mph won't happen because the Police won't support a slower speed limit - until everyone is going at a slower speed!!
Even since the new layout has been put in place, ambulances have had to attend the scene twice in just three months.
Everyone that is local and uses the junction thinks that slower speeds will make it safer. Please sign our petition to ask for the speed limit to be reduced NOW!
Thank you! Your signature could help to make it safer !
- Officer responsible for this decision
John Cleverley at Hampshire Roads Policing Unit
- Director of Environment and Transport and Economy
Stuart Jarvis at Hampshire County Council
- Executive member for Environment, Transport
Rob Humby at Hampshire County Council
The Cart and Horses junction has been redesigned. The plans included reducing the speed limit to 40mph, but now it seems this plan is in doubt. Accidents are still occurring, Ambulances arriving. Local people are asking for a slower speed limit. Please- Make it safer, make it 40mph on the A33 at Kings Worthy
Jackie Porter started this petition with a single signature, and now has 1,155 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.