Tshepo’s Braai Corner (Old Tincups)
This petition had 374 supporters
We, the residents of Blanchville, Highveld Park, Die Heuwel Extensions, Zeekoeiwater smallholdings, Seekoeiwater smallholdings and all effected parties are against the ‘night club’, ‘braai-bar’, ‘get together’ venue with the name Tshepo’s Braai Corner operating its business on the corner of OR Tambo Road and Gordon Road.
1. Tshepo’s Braai Corner is in a suburb and it causes noise disturbance
The music is played so loud until early hours of the morning and even residents staying a few streets down can barely sleep because of the loud music. Also take into consideration that there are people working shifts and therefore their sleep is interrupted by the loud noise.
2. Patrons visiting Tshepo’s Braai Corner park their cars on the shoulders of Gordon Road. It has caused an inconvenience as road users now have to make use of alternative routes to get home as this parking on the shoulder of a road makes using the road difficult. Cars also enter and leave the tavern with out proper indication and complaints of near accidents have been received.
3. Patrons visiting Tshepo’s Braai Corner rev and spin their vehicles causing not only an unbearable noise, but also putting the lives of other road users in danger.
4. There have been incidents whereby patrons of Tshepo’s Braai Corner intimidated road users as they tried to pass the vehicles parked on the shoulder of Gordon Road. This can lead to a bigger confrontation with more serious consequences as alcohol plays a huge role.
5. The tavern operates until early hours of the morning, even on Sundays, and does not close at the time prescribed by law.
6. There is a Mosque right next to Tshepo’s Braai Corner. A draft of new amendments to the Liquor Act calls for the prohibition of the manufacturing, distribution or retail sale of liquor in both rural and urban communities, on any location that is less than 500 metres away from schools, places of worship, recreational facilities, rehabilitation or treatment centres, residential areas, public institutions and other like amenities.
7. The entrance to the tavern use to be in OR Tambo Road, but after several complaints and fatal accidents the entrance was closed and moved to the side and patrons now enter the tavern from Gordon Road. The trouble and disruption has now moved from the main entrance (OR Tambo Road) into the suburb and this affects residents living in Die Heuwel, Highveld Park, Blancheville, River View, Seekoeiwater smallholdings and Zeekoewater smallholdings.
Today: Antoni is counting on you
Antoni Jv Nieuwenhuizen needs your help with “Johan Zwart (chairman Blanchville Neighbourhoodwatch): Tshepo’s Braai Corner (Old Tincups)”. Join Antoni and 373 supporters today.