Decision Maker Response

Health Complaints Commissioner’s response

Health Complaints Commissioner

Feb 28, 2018 — Hi Lynne, thanks for raising these important issues.

We can help resolve complaints about health services and the handling of health information in Victoria. If you wish to lodge a complaint with us on behalf of your daughter Kaley, then please do so by calling 1300 582 113 or online at

We may be able to get you an explanation about what happened in Kaley’s case, an apology, refund or even quality improvements at the health service.

Regarding the training of nurses, we have no role in this. If you have questions about the registration and training of nurses, the Nursing and Midwifery Board may be able to assist you further. See here:

I hope this information has been useful in raising these issues with the right people.