Save Ridge Road from becoming a highway, help us preserve our neighborhood!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
The City of Raleigh and NCDOT’s proposal to relocate Crabtree Valley Mall’s main access point to Ridge Road and I-440 and connect Glenwood Avenue to Ridge Road, shifts the burden of Glenwood’s heavily trafficked, commercial, multi-lane thoroughfare to our peaceful, residential neighborhoods.
As such, we, the residents of Ridge Road and nearby neighborhoods, demand:
- That any NCDOT proposals to close Ridge Road’s access to I-440, NOT INCLUDE a new Interchange at I-440 and Ridge Road nor extend Ridge Road to Glenwood Avenue.
- That any NCDOT proposal leave intact all the trees and natural areas on the Coggins Farm, and on the island at the end of Ridge Road, and in the public park on Varnell Avenue, and in the right of ways along Ridge and Varnell.
- That the NCDOT and City of Raleigh solve the ever-growing commuter congestion on Glenwood Avenue at Crabtree Valley by implementing more progressive and efficient traffic measures rather than by constructing an additional out-dated cloverleaf design Interchange to relocate Mall traffic and by connecting Ridge Road to Glenwood Avenue.
The City of Raleigh and NCDOT’s proposal:
- Must consider the safety of local residents, particularly our most vulnerable road users - The children of Lacy Elementary School, Martin Middle School, Highland United Methodist Church preschool, Ridge Road Baptist Church preschool and Raleigh Moravian Church preschool.
- Should not decimate part of our community, with the clear-cutting of 7+ acres of mature hardwood forest, the loss of a neighborhood park, and the destruction of a Raleigh landmark, the area’s only surviving remnant of farmland, and the only buffer between our quiet community and the busy Beltline.
- Should not close Varnell Avenue, doing so will further motivate drivers to speed - turning our neighborhood road into a highway. It will also force more traffic through the smaller, residential streets.
Please join us in signing this petition and demand that the City of Raleigh and the NCDOT work for us, not against us by forcing destructive changes that directly threaten the integrity and safety of our neighborhoods!
Today: SaveRidgeRoad is counting on you
SaveRidgeRoad needs your help with “email@example.com: Save Ridge Road from becoming a highway, help us preserve our neighborhood!”. Join SaveRidgeRoad and 3,112 supporters today.