This petition had 490 supporters
Donald Trump and his son-in-law Jared Kushner are raking in millions of dollars as corrupt landlords in Jersey City. Meanwhile, their destructive policies target Muslims, immigrants, union-members, and other working people here and across the nation. Let’s send Trump and Kushner a clear message: If you attack our community, you should not profit off of it.
By signing this petition, you are doing two things:
- You commit to boycott any business that rents the retail space in the Trump Bay Street development, a Kushner Companies development with Trump Organization licensing deal.
- You call upon Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop and members of the City Council to refuse any tax breaks for Donald Trump and Jared Kushner’s real estate companies until they 1) fully divest from their real estate holdings AND 2) stop attacking our city.
How are Trump and Kushner profiting off Jersey City?
- Jared Kushner’s company, Kushner Companies, is planning to ask our Mayor and City Council for 30-year tax breaks for their proposed developments at 1 Journal Square and 30 Journal Square.
- Trump and Kushner are both profiting off their recently opened joint venture at Trump Bay Street. That property has a 19,000 square foot retail space that is not yet occupied.
- While Kushner Companies is building 2,916 luxury apartments, and anticipating millions in profits, it is building 0 affordable units. Not a single one.
- Kushner Companies prevents their security and maintenance workers from joining unions, denying living wages and job security to these hard-working employees.
- Donald Trump and Jared Kushner financially benefit from these actions. Because they have failed to divest from their companies they (and their families) continue to profit off their brand names and real estate assets.
How else can I show my support for this campaign?
- Join us at a rally at Trump Bay Street (65 Bay Street, Jersey City, NJ) on Saturday February, 25th from 1-2pm.
- Join us at a rally at Jersey City Council on Wednesday March 8th (280 Grove St.) from 6pm-8pm to deliver our petition to the Mayor and Council and ask for their commitment to no tax breaks for Trump-Kushner.
- Join our Facebook Group.
Wait, I thought Trump and Kushner already “divested” from their companies?
Of course not! Trump and Kushner are hoping to bamboozle the public with a shell game. Ethics experts are clear: For Trump and Kushner to divest, they must place all assets in a blind trust managed by an independent third party. Both of them have failed to meet this basic standard.
For more information read two articles:
Today: Scott is counting on you
Scott Welfel needs your help with “Jersey City: Evict Trump-Kushner”. Join Scott and 489 supporters today.