Homeless Crisis in California: Help us find a permanent solution!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Please join us in advocating for affordable housing for low-income individuals and families!
Why does this matter?
At least 193 homeless people died in the county in 2017, according to coroner’s office records reviewed by the Register. List causes associated with outdoor living, inadequate access to medicine or healthy food, and long-term drug use. (OC Register)
We would like to see the following:
- Construction of more sites, such as apartment complexes, to increase affordable housing options
- Increase affordable housing options in all communities, not just impoverished communities.
- More Section 8 vouchers for families and more affordable housing option for families that qualify, such as extreme poverty level.
- Increase funding for programs, such as Habitat for Community and United for Homes, that help create more affordable homes.
- Counties/Cities to enforce rent control.
- Prevention programs for homeless including youth.
Please sign our petition to help empower our homeless population in California!
Today: Relate to is counting on you
Relate to Section 8 needs your help with “Jerry Brown: Increase affordable housing options”. Join Relate to and 90 supporters today.