Minimizing Club Dues - Niagara University
This petition had 79 supporters
One of the things I am most proud of at Niagara University, is the passion and esteem we hold our clubs to. With our school having over 80+ clubs on campus, it is an amazement of how much our students are able to run events often with success and ingenuity.
However, the last thing we need here at Niagara University is less and less people joining clubs due to the requirement of paying club dues. I think minimizing club dues back to $10 or even lower if possible, would go a long way. Extracurricular activities are something to be encouraged about and the fact that some people are unable to join due to money, is something that should just not be the case. Here are some other reasons why club dues should be lowered.
1) With tuition, textbooks, and other student fees, it is difficult to also have another fee that the students have to pay for.
2) With students being unable to pay, there will be a corresponding decrease of participation and support in club events.
3) Community service is another requirement for club members. This should be more encouraged in clubs, not only being a part of the Vincentian community, but also giving back to society, without money attached, is something very valuable and priceless in itself.
4) Our student services fee should cover club dues.
5) Graduate schools and job field often look for someone with a strong resume, with a well-rounded background. Joining clubs is a perfect way to follow your passions, and to be a well-rounded individual that make NU students a more qualified candidate in the real world.
These are the top reasons why I personally believe that NU should lower its club dues to $10 or lower. It would greatly be appreciated by several students here at Niagara University, and correspondingly help our community have more pride in what our clubs are accomplishing.
Today: Maham is counting on you
Maham Alamgir needs your help with “Jason Jakubowski : Minimizing Club Dues - Niagara University”. Join Maham and 78 supporters today.