Educate People on Life-Saving First Aid Procedures
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
The Minister of Human Resource Development
The Minister for Health and Family Welfare
The Minister for Panchayati Raj, Rural Development, and Mines
As we all know, first-aid is the immediate care given to a sick or injured person before the arrival of health-care professionals. It can preserve life, prevent conditions from worsening, and induce faster recovery. The following paragraph is taken from a report published by The Hindu daily dated September 30, 2016 based on a survey:
"Less than 2 per cent of the 1,00,000 surveyed agreed to be knowing the technique (CPR), while only 0.1 per cent said they have ever performed it on someone in case of an emergency."
Here are my three suggestions:
1. Can’t we include the first-aid procedures in the school and college curriculum? This can help develop a much more socially-aware and compassionate generation. This approach can help save many lives and can help better the conditions of many suffering people. The curriculum can cover various procedure as listed (this is not a comprehensive list) below:
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- First aid for chocking hazard
- First aid for drowning hazard
- First aid for burns
- First aid for road accidents
2. Is it possible to conduct training on the above-mentioned topics through the Three-Tier System of Panchayati Raj (village level, block level, and district level) to educate the other citizens? Is it possible to display the recorded versions of these procedures in public places like bus stations, railway stations, and so on? Each ward in a village can have representatives among the local people and they can conduct periodic refresher classes.
3. Is it possible to provide free Automated External Defibrillator (AED) to all the ward-wise representatives (at least one per ward) along with the know-how of it? AED can be of great help, if CPR fails.
I would like to know your thoughts on these suggestions. I will be more than happy if we can take it forward for the benefit of our society.
Dr. Bini Raj B
Sukhadha Homoeo Clinic
Railway Link Road , Chengannur
Today: Dr Bini is counting on you
Dr Bini Raj B needs your help with “Jagat Prakash Nadda: Educate People on Life-Saving First Aid Procedures”. Join Dr Bini and 138 supporters today.