ADD YOUR NAME TO THE PETITION
Are you ready to join us in protecting the rights and labor of Black workers?
Black workers in this country are in an employment crisis: high unemployment rates, low wages, unsafe and unhealthy work conditions, benefits gaps including a higher share of workers without health insurance, lower or no savings to fall back on, and significantly higher instances of workplace discrimination.
This will no longer be our reality!!
Too many Black workers are struggling to find jobs that guarantee dignity and that protect workers' rights. It is time! It has been time! We are demanding a Black Worker Bill of Rights to protect our labor and that of future generations. Sign the Petition! Invest in yourself! Invest in Black workers! Because when you lift up Black workers, you lift up all workers! Let's keep signing and getting our voice heard so that Congress will have to listen.
The Black Worker Bill of Rights identifies ten overarching rights that seek to address this crisis, improve job quality, and advance racial and economic justice.
THE BLACK WORKER BILL OF RIGHTS
All Black workers have the following rights in the job market and workplace:
1. The Right to Organize
2. The Right to Resources and Information that Address Barriers to Employment
3. The Right to Assert and Have Your Rights Enforced
4. The Right to Equitable Wages, Equal Pay, and Compensation that is Owed
5. The Right to Career Advancement Opportunities
6. The Right to Workplaces Free from Discrimination, Harassment, and Other Harm
7. The Right to Health, Healing, and Rest
8. The Right to Privacy and Freedom from Surveillance, Monitoring, Automated Management, and Control
9. The Right to Dignity in Seeking, Securing, and Maintaining Employment
10. The Right to Participate in Democracy