I Oppose my Congressman's Efforts to Repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Signing this petition expresses your opposition to attempts to repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) and those Representatives of California's Central Valley who support such repeal efforts.
This petition will be delivered to all Valley Representatives. However, below you can also quickly and easily express your concerns and opposition directly to your Representative.
Repealing the Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare, will hurt the Central Valley because it will do the following, according to a January 2017 study:
- Removes $1.9 billion in federal health care funding, which will result in the loss of 24,300 health care and other related industry jobs
- Result in the loss of medical coverage for over 511,000 of our neighbors, friends, and families who gained coverage due to the enactment of the ACA.
The Affordable Care Act/Obamacare enacted important consumer protections, and repealing the law will likely weaken or remove these protections:
- Allows children up to age 26 to be covered under their parent’s health insurance plan
- Prohibits lifetime health coverage limits for most benefits
- Insurance plans can no longer limit or deny benefits to individuals with pre-existing conditions
- Health insurance companies can no longer cancel your coverage due to small consumer mistakes
- Health insurance companies must publicly justify rate increases
- Establishes limits on how much of consumers’ premiums can be used for administrative costs.
- Prohibits annual limits on health care benefits
The following Valley Congressional Representatives support ACA repeal efforts. Please click on your Representative's name to contact them and voice your concern for the Valley economy and the over 511,000 people that will health care coverage if ACA (aka Obamacare) is repealed!
- Jeff Denham (10th District - Modesto/Turlock)
- David Valadao (21st District - Hanford/Bakersfield)
- Devin Nunes (22nd District - Fresno/Clovis/Visalia/Tulare)
- Kevin McCarthy (23rd District - Bakersfield - Porterville)
Don't know who is your Congressional Representative?
Today: Israel is counting on you
Israel Cortez needs your help with “Israel Cortez: Tell your Congressman that efforts to Repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) are bad for Central Valley families and our local economy. Here's how...”. Join Israel and 106 supporters today.