Ensure democratic accountability continues at the Isle of Wight Council.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
We the undersigned wish to make clear our dissatisfaction with the Isle of Wight Council Conservative group proposals to reduce accountability at County Hall.
We therefore express our dissatisfaction and disapproval of the proposals as detailed below and ask that the Isle of Wight Council Conservative administration maintain the following:
- The requirement for named votes on all important decisions at full council and cabinet.
- The expectation that cabinet members write reports and answer inquiries regarding their responsibility at full council.
- Maintain the current process in which the council administration is scrutinised (scrutiny committee etc).
- Maintain the current decision making process and not introduce delegated decision making by individual Cabinet members.
- Maintain the current number of full council meetings at nine.
Today: Billy is counting on you
Billy Hill needs your help with “Isle of Wight Council: Ensure democratic accountability continues at the Isle of Wight Council.”. Join Billy and 37 supporters today.