Demand Kim Reynolds to Kill These Racist Bills
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
PLEASE SEE THE UPDATE ON THE CURRENT PROGRESS OF THESE BILLS
Iowa legislature is trying to pass the incredibly harmful and racist bills listed below. These bills have been made to go against the Black Lives Matter movement's progress and negatively affect lower-income communities and communities of color. Help us demand Gov. Kim Reynolds to STOP these bills and all that they stand for from becoming law!
SF 342 (The combination of the bills SF 476, SF 479, and SF 534)
- Increases qualified immunity for law enforcement and state employees.
- Support for this bill further detracts from law enforcement accountability and protects dangerous police officers.
- An Act denying state funding from cities that try to reallocate or defund police budgets.
- Support for this bill prevents responsible reallocation to underfunded community resources (e.g., mental health services, homelessness).
- Increases the severity of punishment to protestors.
- Allows vehicles to hit protestors blocking the streets and be protected from lawsuits.
- An Act banning diversity training that refers to implicit bias or the US as racist or sexist.
- Support for this bill undermines educational institutions' efforts, civic entities, and other organizations from building inclusive environments and a sense of belonging - both essential for productive workplaces.
Today: Advocates For is counting on you
Advocates For Social Justice needs your help with “Iowa State House: Demand Kim Reynolds to Kill These Racist Bills”. Join Advocates For and 326 supporters today.