SF 342: The combination of Iowa's 'Back The Blue' bills
Apr 18, 2021 —
SF 342 is extremely close to becoming law.
Call Governor Reynolds and tell her to oppose SF 342! This bill is the culmination of the bills below:
- SF 534
- Decreases protestor's 1st Amendment rights and makes it easier to charge protestors with felonies
- Drivers who hit protestors blocking the road can avoid consequences
- Creates a new crime if you avoid an unmarked or non-uniformed officer
- SF 479
- Takes away state funding from cities that lower or reallocate police budgets
- SF 476
- Increases qualified immunity for law enforcement
- Decreases the ability to keep law enforcement accountable
Keep fighting for people power!
Politicians and rich CEOs shouldn't make all the decisions. Today we ask you to help keep Change.org free and independent. Our job as a public benefit company is to help petitions like this one fight back and get heard. If everyone who saw this chipped in monthly we'd secure Change.org's future today. Help us hold the powerful to account. Can you spare a minute to become a member today?I'll power Change with $5 monthly