Make all parks in Fairfield Tobacco-Free / Nicotine-Free
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
- Tobacco/nicotine use in the proximity of children and adults engaging in or watching outdoor activities is detrimental to their health and can be dangerous to those using such grounds; and
- The City has a unique opportunity to create and sustain an environment that supports a non-tobacco and non-nicotine norm through a tobacco-free/nicotine-free policy, rule enforcement, and adult-peer role modeling on City-owned park grounds; and
- Parents, leaders, and officials involved in recreation are role models for youth and can have a positive effect on the lifestyle choices they make; and
- The tobacco industry advertises at and sponsors events to foster a connection between tobacco use and recreation; and
- Tobacco products (extends to all types of tobacco, nicotine and electronic smoking device (ESD) products), once consumed in public spaces, are often discarded on the ground requiring additional maintenance expenses, diminish the beauty of outdoor grounds, and pose a risk to toddlers, pets and wildlife due to ingestion; and
- The prohibition of tobacco and nicotine use at all times will serve to protect the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of our City.
Today: Jefferson County Blue Zones is counting on you
Jefferson County Blue Zones needs your help with “Iowa: Make all parks in Fairfield Tobacco-Free / Nicotine-Free”. Join Jefferson County Blue Zones and 57 supporters today.