Establish endowment transparency at Iona
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Iona's endowment fund is 110 million USD as of 2015. Our goal is to create endowment transparency, which would entail Iona College disclosing where it invests its endowment fund. As the fund is so large, Iona's investments make an impact within these industries.
Demanding Increased Financial Transparency
It is our job as students, faculty and alumni to hold our school accountable. It is imperative for the future of our planet that we divest in fossil fuels, and begin investing responsibly. Iona lists that a "dedication to responsible stewardship of human, physical, financial, and environmental resources" is one of their key values. Also among these values is an encouragement for transparency, citing that Iona has a "commitment to compassion, transparent decision-making, and accountability".
Our Goal for Iona
- Investing in renewable energy funds, community development financial institutions, or on-campus water/energy-efficiency projects
- Using investment managers or policies that consider environmental factors
- Offering donors the option to direct their gift to an investment fund that considers sustainability factors
- Show Me The Money: The Fight For Endowment Transparency
- How Student Activists at Duke Transformed a 6 Billion Dollar Endowment
- Student Group Continues Push for Endowment Transparency
- Building the Global Grassroots Climate Movement That Can Hold Our Leaders Accountable to Science and Justice
- College Sustainability Report Card
- A Beginner's Guide to Fossil Fuel Divestment
- Getting Out of Oil: Catholic Universities Can Make a Difference Through Divestment
Today: James is counting on you
James Shoptaugh needs your help with “Iona College students and faculty : Establish Iona's endowment transparency to learn if it is sustainably invested”. Join James and 47 supporters today.