Repair the Integrity of Pensacola Government
This petition made change with 222 supporters!
On September 30, 2017, The City of Pensacola took its last load of recyclables to Tarpon Paper for $12.50 per ton, which ended the city’s curbside recycling program. On May 2, 2018 citizens exposed that our recyclables were being dumped at Perdido Landfill for $45.06 per ton. For over seven months, The City of Pensacola failed to notify its customers of this discontinuation of services, and more appalling, continued the illusion of business as usual.
We believe these actions were in direct violation of Pensacola’s City Code of Ethics* by:
- Impeding the efficiency or economy of the City of Pensacola government, and;
- Adversely affecting the confidence of the public in the integrity of the City of Pensacola.
The decision to mislead the public and council has resulted in:
- The loss of good faith and breech of trust;
- A significant delay in obtaining a new recycling contract with ECUA;
- The excessive spending of taxpayer money, overpaying by $40 per ton.
We, the signers of this petition, recommend the following actions to be taken:
- To Investigate all city officials who lied to the public, and support a vote of no confidence;
- To discipline any city employee involved in the cover-up;
- To assess appropriate penalties and/or fines;
- To issue a public apology to the people of Pensacola for pretending to recycle for months.
*Section H-4, Ethics and Standards of Conduct, Part C, page 106 of the City of Pensacola Human Resources Policy Manual, and Part III Code of Ethics for Public Officers & Employees, Section 112.317, “Penalties.”
Today: Teresa is counting on you
Teresa Hill needs your help with “Investigate City Administrator Eric Olson and Others for Ethics Violations”. Join Teresa and 221 supporters today.