Introduce a driving test for cyclists in Ireland
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
RSA Ireland and DTTS are working on improving safety for roads users in Ireland. New rules and legislations being introduced for all road users except one category - cyclists. No one checking if they are familiar with the rules of the road, they don't have number plates which could help to identify them. It has led to the situation where cyclists on irish roads becoming dangerous road users often forcing motorists to break the Rules of the road.
It needs to be changed! That's why we are asking Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport and Road Safety Authority of Ireland to make following changes:
- Introduce minimum age limit for cyclists on public roads
- Introduce number plate system for cyclists so they can be easily identified
- Introduce mandatory theory test for cyclists before they are allowed on irish roads
- Introduce mandatory insurance for cyclists
- Introduce road tax for cyclists (small fixed annual charge, which will be used to build more cyclist lanes)
We all share the road, so why would we be treated differently?!
Today: Виталий is counting on you
Виталий Накалюжный needs your help with “Introduce a driving test for cyclists in Ireland”. Join Виталий and 34 supporters today.