Working for Free During Intern Induction? No Thanks!
This petition made change with 1,485 supporters!
We believe it is unfair and unjust that the incoming class of medical interns in July 2018 will be required to attend and work for free during their mandatory induction period.
We call on HSE Human Resources and National Doctors Training and Planning to implement the following:
- A standardised induction programme across all Intern Networks that provides all required information and training in as short a period as possible;
- The provision of required training to allow interns to begin work in a healthcare setting, as is provided to other health service employee;
- A strict prohibition of inductees from clinical duties, as they are not indemnified to provide these services prior to their employment;
- A “nanny intern” programme nationwide after commencement of employment to complement the “shadowing” that is required in many Intern Networks during the induction period, and;
- Compensation for any required time incoming interns must spend in induction.
Today: Irish Medical Organisation is counting on you
Irish Medical Organisation needs your help with “Interns 2018: Working for Free During Intern Induction? No Thanks!”. Join Irish Medical Organisation and 1,484 supporters today.