Have the International Baccalaureate Organization cancel or postpone May 2020 Examinations

0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!

As the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic continues to spread, schools around the World are being shut down for extended periods of time. As this is the case, many are calling upon the International Baccalaureate Organization to cancel or postpone the upcoming May 2020 IB exam session.

With extensive school closures, IB students have not been able to properly learn the material and revise for exams. Additionally, different schools have been closed for different amounts of time, giving some IB students an advantage over others. Most importantly however, social distancing is crucial to slowing down the spread of COVID-19 and "flattening the curve". It would be unwise and unsafe to run examinations where hundreds of students are congregated in the same space.

The IBO has stated that they will make a decision regarding May exams by March 27, 2020. Until then, spread the word about this petition (and not the virus) — by sending it to friends and putting it on your stories — to convince the IBO to do the right thing.