Stop lethal pollution and smog - act NOW and save lives
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
North India lethal pollution and Delhi airpocalypse
What's happening in Delhi and other states in North India is beyond belief saddening and unacceptable. Children, the elderly, animals, the entire population is suffering and facing a future ridden with illnesses which is heartbreaking and so avoidable.
We don't want to get political about it. Please get a perspective how a hard working common man is being denied a basic right to live.
We demand the following actions immediately:
1. Provide alternative options to the farmers than crop burning. "Happy seeder" or equivalent machinery should be provided to all farmers free of cost.
2. Public transport should be subsidised. Increase frequency of metrotrains.
3. Remove vehicles older than ten years from the road.
4. Colour coded alerts - blue, yellow, orange and red - which trigger when the pollution level reaches a certain level. Install realtime censors all over affected states.
5. Invest in solar and wind farms to cut down reliance on coal as a fuel.
6. On the spot minimum fine of 5000 rps or jail term on trash/leaves burning. Even MCD should be fined.
7. Complete ban on production, distribution and sale of firecrackers of any kind for next five years.
8. Strict control and rationing of car usage for the next two years.
9. All construction activity in India should be with draping, to ensure that dust and dirt doesn't fly into the air. This is done elsewhere in the world.
Today: Nidhi is counting on you
Nidhi Handa needs your help with “Indian Central government and state governments : Stop lethal pollution and smog - act NOW and save lives”. Join Nidhi and 557 supporters today.