Stop Durham Police from facilitating Drug Addicts
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
I want to stop Durham Police force from facilitating long term drug addicts with Diamorphine (medical Heroin). Durham Police force wants to allow drug addicts to 'shoot up' twice a day in a bid to help them be weaned from the drug. Although some say this could be an effective way to tackle the issue, I believe that giving drug addicts 'what they crave' can surely never be the answer; its like' fighting fire with fire'. My objections include:
- The Police are supposed to be the law making precedent setting organisation that stands for 'justice'. Heroin is a class A drug and has killed many people and destroyed family lives, I feel That Durham Police force is flying in the face of these issues.
- Drug users are notoriously untrustworthy, the nature of addiction is that they are controlled by the compulsion to use. How can police be sure that addicts are not going to continue using heroin and their twice daily dose?
- What happens if a 'service user' overdoses?
- Surely the money spent on this scheme could be better used to improve Rehabilitation ?
- The Moral aspect - Any person in their right mind would agree that there is something that just doesn't sit well with these proposals.
I am passionate about the area I live in and I would like to believe that those who are struggling with addiction could receive better more compassionate care and rehabilitation. I want to call on the government to intervene in this situation and stop these proposals.
Today: Hannah is counting on you
Hannah Smalley needs your help with “Independant Police Complaints Commision: Stop Durham Police from facilitating Drug Addicts”. Join Hannah and 8 supporters today.