OWERRI KILLING - ING CALLS FOR JUSTICE
This petition had 110 supporters
Igwebuike Imo Network Group (ING) is a socio-political organization advocating for Good and Democratic Governance, Credible and Quality Leadership that is anchored on Transparency, Accountability and Inclusiveness.
The incidence of Saturday August 26, 2017 in which the Imo State government rolled out arsenals and with the application of extreme force took over the ancestral Eke-Ukwu Owerri, market situate in the heart of Owerri, leading to the death of some innocent citizens of the state is totally unacceptable to us.
As a highly responsible organization, we hereby call on the Imo State House of Assembly to immediately set up a commission of enquiry to investigate:
1. The incident and confirm if the state government disobeyed a valid High Court Order restricting her from forcefully taking over and relocating the market.
2. Confirm the number of citizens that lost their lives and the immediate cause of their death
3. Identify the Police or Army officers responsible for the deaths to be brought to book.
4. Recommend compensation plans for the families of the deceased as well as those who warehouses and properties were destroyed during the demolition exercise
5. Begin an impeachment process on the Imo State governor, Chief Rochas Okoroacha if: (1) above is confirmed to be true.
6. We also remind the Governor that one of the cardinal points of governance is securing the life and properties of the citizens. A situation where citizens are killed by act of governance is nothing but evil.
7. ING commiserates with the families of those that lost their lives in the unfortunate and avoidable incident.
Prince Francis Chilaka
Today: IGWEBUIKE IMO NETWORK GROUP (ING) is counting on you
IGWEBUIKE IMO NETWORK GROUP (ING) needs your help with “IMO STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY: OWERRI KILLING - ING CALLS FOR JUSTICE”. Join IGWEBUIKE IMO NETWORK GROUP (ING) and 109 supporters today.