Immigration Justice Demands for Next Governor of Michigan
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
In November 2018, the people of Michigan will elect a new governor. As students, parents, educators, and community members who love and care about students and their immigrant families, it is vital that the next governor supports a pro-immigrant platform.
The Metro Detroit Educators for Immigration Justice would like to invite you to sign this petition demanding the following actions are passed by the next governor to help make lives better for those in the immigrant community.
To the candidates running for governor of Michigan, in order to get our vote, we're asking that you publicly support these demands:
1) Drivers licenses for people who are undocumented
2) Access to state financial aid for undocumented students
3) More school funding for mental health services (deportations = trauma)
4) End ICE patrols in neighborhoods.
5) End local/state law enforcement cooperation with ICE
Today: Metro Detroit Educators for Immigration Justice is counting on you
Metro Detroit Educators for Immigration Justice needs your help with “Immigration Justice Demands for Next Governor of Michigan”. Join Metro Detroit Educators for Immigration Justice and 47 supporters today.