Immediately Announce A Roadmap and Timeline To Make Bangalore Safe
In the past one week,a 6 year old has been raped, a 22 year old girl was kidnapped and raped in moving car, a female doctor stripped by a mob of 100 people, an 88 year old woman raped by house help. When will this end?
These incidents have shaken me up. As a mother of 2 daughters, I am deeply disturbed and want our Government to take concrete steps to make Bangalore safer for us and our children.
That’s why I started this petition on Change.org asking the Chief Minister Siddaramiah to immediately announce a road map and a timeline for making Bangalore as well as whole of our country a safer society to live in.
Every time such incidents happen our Governments promise something but they don’t deliver. But this time, we cannot afford to let that happen. Join me in demanding concrete action from our government to address the following issues :
1. Establish a permanent commission for women’s safety, No more than half the members from government, whose recommendations shall be binding on government.
2. Creation of necessary infrastructure, like CCTVs across Bangalore.
3. Increase the women police stations and recruit more women in police force.
4. Publicize the help line numbers and manage them professionally.
5. Mandate Parent teacher committees in every school, the recommendations of which are binding on the school.
6. Amend the POCSO Act to ensure school managements are brought under the ambit of the law & school management is made accountable & responsible for safety of children in school premises.
7. We want swift delivery of justice. Bring stringent laws; establish Fast track courts to trial rape cases. Exemplary punishment & sentences must be sought under POCSO Act for those convicted of crimes against children.
8. Ensure gender sensitization in schools and otherwise.
This roadmap is a first step towards ensuring the safety of our children & women and will help towards the larger benefit our society.
If tens of thousands of citizens demand this from our Chief Minister, I’m confident that they will be forced to listen and take action.
Please do your bit to make Bangalore and Karnataka safer. Sign this petition and share it with your friends as well.
Today: maithreyi is counting on you
maithreyi nadapana needs your help with “Immediately Announce A Roadmap and Timeline To Make Bangalore Safe”. Join maithreyi and 65,233 supporters today.