Request for cancellation of semester exams of IKG Punjab Technical University
0 have signed. Let’s get to 25,000!
We request the cancellation of Semesters Examination for IKGPTU Students
In light of the COVID 19 Pandemic, Many Esteemed Universities have cancelled their Semester Examination with immediate effect as per UGC Guidelines, giving students relief and a sense of safety in this tough time.
We can be contacted at email@example.com for a dialogue, media queries and concerns
However IKGPTU decided to have online examination but it has not still mentioned things clearly building pressure, stress and fear in the minds of student.
The Mental Health and Equal Opportunity of students is not something which can be compromised
1) Many students do not have regular access to Internet, Laptops and Mobile Devices due to Economical and Geographical barriers, making them not being able to access the online classes, Notes and Quizzes hence it is not fair to ask them to give exams whether Offline or Online
2) Many students are out of Punjab and fearing for health and safety it is not right to ask them to leave the safety of their own homes to live unsupervised in PGs and Hostels
3) The Mental Health of students is being affected. They are already living in a difficult time surrounded by fear, anxiety and stress and by making them live in uncertainty while other universities are cancelling exams is not fair
4) Students with disabilities, Underlying Health Conditions and Morbidities are also under an unfair situation in such a situation
5) The Focus should be on making students learn things not just to provide them degrees. Instead providing them skills which will help them fight in this situation.
6) As per the official IKGPTU twitter handle, the exam which will be conducted will have no review system as once you submit the answer you can't verify it again. Even if you have time left, which is not fair as it will be the first time many students will be giving this type of exams and making things more complex is unjust.
7) The news of IKGPTU having negative markings is also been in the air, with no review system type of exam. This is making situation more worse and difficult for many.
8) According to the sources, they have mentioned the online exam may be conducted in colleges, which will put many lives in danger. As many of students have to travel long distances to reach their college and in this hard time where surviving is priority, asking them to spend hefty amounts on travel is inhumane. They may get affected while traveling as traveling is still not so safe.
9)Even while giving exams, students would have intense pressure on their minds like should they concentrate on the exam or their health or the disciplines needed to be seized for safety or what.
10)In this emergency, we think health should be the most primacy rather than some exams which have been and can be taken once everything gets entirely normal and cases come to the decreasing aspect.
11)In this pandemic, the students showing up from various states and many arrive from other countries, this would surely cause a huge impatience and difficulty on the minds of parents who will be sending their children away for some exams while people from several parts of the country have been seen retreating to their residences so that they can be with their families at the end of the day.
In conclusion with the current scenario, We ask the IKGPTU Administration to follow the UGC Guidelines and Cancel Intermediate Semester Examinations and Grade them on the basis of Internal Assessment and Previous Semesters.
And we request the Administration to form a appropriate process for the final year students as they too are going through hard times. So they to shall be evaluated in such a way that it shall not disturb their mental health.
Let's start the change
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 25,000!