We support evidence-based public health policies from the State of Michigan that include masks, social distancing, contact tracing, quarantine, and other guidelines that seek to keep our children safe in school, with special guidelines for courses like band and choir, as well as extra curricular clubs and sports.
By signing this petition, we are saying:
- We support the evidence-based protocols of public health officials that protect children in Michigan’s public schools, specifically in Huron Valley School District (HVS): masks, social distancing, quarantine, contact tracing, and the like.
- We support Huron Valley School District administration following the State and Oakland County policies and protocols.
- We are concerned about the return to 5 days without partitions as numbers spike.
- We expect students to receive continuity of education and direct instruction during quarantines, and request a detailed instruction plan from HVS.
- We reject the HVS's statement that teachers are not required to offer instruction to quarantined students.
- We believe most HVS teachers WILL do the extra work to meet the needs of quarantined students, thus, working for free while the District can claim, “they didn’t have to.”
We look forward to the day when we all can leave the house without concern about COVID-19, but until then, we remain committed to public health and personal safety.