- Hon. Dr. Eric HoskinsMinister of Health, Ontario
- Suzanne McGurn, R.N.Assistant Deputy, Ministry of Health
How much is this drug?
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500.
Doctors and patients need to know drug costs before getting to the pharmacy.
We, the undersigned jointly encourage and promote our provincial government to mandate drug-cost transparency on electronic medical records (EMRs) in real time when e-prescriptions are provided to our patients.
Knowing prices of drugs will help patients, physicians and nurse practitioners by:
- Allowing for an improved dialogue between prescribers and patients to help ensure prescription affordability at the time recommendations are made
- Reducing negative feelings such as shame and guilt experienced by patients at the prospect of not being able to afford prescriptions.
- Ensuring drugs are taken and thereby reducing medical complications and distress by loved ones
- Reducing drug costs in the long term
The Ontario Drug Benefits program is a transparent program that provides drug reimbursements to pharmacies. While available, such cost information is currently inaccessible to patients and prescribers when prescriptions are provided.
My signature indicates that I fully support that physicians and nurse practitioners have access to Ontario Drug Benefit drug costs using electronic medical records in real time when prescribing.
- Minister of Health, Ontario
Hon. Dr. Eric Hoskins
- Assistant Deputy, Ministry of Health
Suzanne McGurn, R.N.
We respectfully that the Ministry of Health mandate the integration of drug costs on electronic medical records by EMR providers. Ontario Drug Benefit reimbursements to pharmacies are made transparent by simple integration into the EMR drug formulary. Drug costs are then transparent to both physicians and patients to ensure a much-needed dialogue with patients at the point of care. Ensuring drug affordability improves prescription adherence to recommendations and reduces physical and psychological complications.
PrimeHealth Clinical Research started this petition with a single signature, and now has 220 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: PrimeHealth Clinical Research is counting on you
PrimeHealth Clinical Research needs your help with “How much is that drug?”. Join PrimeHealth Clinical Research and 219 supporters today.