Create dog friendly areas in Cubbon Park
This petition had 117 supporters
Historically, the city of Bangalore has always been a pet friendly city given its wonderful climate and large number of families and retirees. Back then, Bangalore was also a small city and the roads and pavements were safe and empty enough to walk pets. The exponential growth of the city has placed much stress on the streets and pavements of Bangalore and given how crowded they are now, it is very difficult to walk pets in a reasonable and safe manner.
Cubbon Park has been an oasis of calm in this chaos and pet owners have been privileged to have the good fortune of walking their pets there for many many years. However, the growing number of people and pets has created some strife and the Horticulture Department has recently issued a notice that pets will no longer be allowed in Cubbon Park. The city of Bangalore has no other area for dogs to go, exercise, play and socialize, and our goal is to establish a fenced in, off-leash dog park where well-behaved canine citizens can exercise in a clean, safe environment without endangering or annoying people, property or wildlife.
Research shows that property values near dog parks increases, sometimes significantly. For example, in one San Francisco neighborhood, property values rose approximately 900% within five years of the construction of a dog park. (source: www.clevelanddogparks.com )
We, the undersigned, would like to develop a beautiful, well maintained space open to all dog lovers and friends who are willing to uphold the park's rules and restrictions and view this park as a community project, in partnership with the Horticulture Department and designed to satisfy the needs of dog-owners and non-dog owners alike. We respectfully request that the Horticulture Department reconsider its decision to disallow pets at Cubbon Park and help create a safe dog park in Bangalore.
We fully understand and respect that certain rules will have to be followed, including but not limited to:
1. All users of the off‐leash area shall assume all risk and liability associated with such an area.
2. Owners are responsible for the action of their dogs.
3. Dog owners have responsibility for watching their dog's behaviour.
4. No more than three dogs per owner shall be allowed in the area at one time.
5. All dogs must wear a collar and ID tag and be be properly licensed, healthy, and have current vaccinations.
6. Owners must clean up after their dogs.
7. No children under the age of 12 are allowed in the area without close adult supervision.
8. Dogs must not be fed in the area.
Today: Uttam is counting on you
Uttam Jaggu needs your help with “Horticulture Department of Karnataka: Create dog friendly areas in Cubbon Park”. Join Uttam and 116 supporters today.