A Fast And Fair Resolution For Tracey Brose
This petition made change with 599 supporters!
Our community is in turmoil; we have lost our Tamborine Mountain State High School (TMSHS) Principal Tracey Brose who has been suspended without notice or explanation to our school community. Repeated attempts by the Parents and Citizens’ Association President over the past 3 weeks to get clarification from the Queensland Education Department (DET) on if or when Tracey will return her role have failed.
Tracey has served the Tamborine Mountain Community for 16 years and her leadership as principal has formed the bedrock for the quality of our young people who leave high school well educated, disciplined and ready to enter the next phase of their lives.
Many of our students, teachers and families are suffering from uncertainty, distraction, fear and anxiety. The effect on student and teacher morale is likely to flow into poorer education results, the longer this is left unresolved.
We now have an acting principal until further notice, who can also start making changes that undermine the values, beliefs and high standards of education and discipline our schools reputation and results have been built upon.
DET have now broken several assurances made by phone, email and text over the past 3 weeks, back-tracked on a commitment to communicate to our community and have actively blocked P&C attempts to send a newsletter update to parents. We don't believe they are being honest, transparent or fair with the way they are handling this process.
Vote for change, sign the petition to help us force decisive action from the Education Minister; The Honourable Kate Jones.
The outcomes we are seeking from the Minister;
1. To expedite the resolution of the outstanding issues that relate to Tracey Brose’s suspension (on 22nd February) and complete the investigation by 11th April 2016.
2. That an independent legal counsel (to be approved by both parties) be appointed to oversee the process and ensure a fair and impartial outcome is achieved.
3. That the cost of this counsel is to be paid for by EQ.
4. If at resolution of the outstanding issues, it is found that Tracey Brose is suitable to continue in her role as School Principal, that she immediately be reinstated to her current role at Tamborine Mountain State High School.
5. That until this matter is resolved, the Acting Principal be directed to maintain the status quo in regard to;
a. Expenditure programs,
b. The annual Responsible Behaviour Management Plan
c. The schools established and proven values, rules and standards.
Tamborine Mountain State High School Parents and Citizens’ Association
Today: TMSHS P and C Association is counting on you
TMSHS P and C Association needs your help with “Honourable Kate Jones Education Minister: A Fast And Fair Resolution For Tracey Brose”. Join TMSHS P and C Association and 598 supporters today.