0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
- From June 30, 2017 The Bump WA lost their government funding. Without a source of income the service will be forced to close its doors to the community.
- The Bump WA is a non for profit organisation that has been running for over 20 years. The Bump WA is dedicated to informing and supporting families to make the right birth choices for them. The Bump offers midwifery advice, pregnancy classes/workshops, a lending library and low cost lactation consultancy. They also offer ongoing support throughout pregnancy and into parenthood for the entire family. The Bump WA aims to be accessible to all.
- If The Bump WA closes, women and their families will have to seek education and support elsewhere. Currently many consumers feel that public hospital based education is inadequate in providing them with the level of education required to feel safe, confident and knowledgeable.
- Evidence shows that with the right education and support women feel less anxiety and fear going into childbirth. This leads to fewer interventions and complications thus improving health outcomes and reducing costs to the health care system.
- Please sign this petition in support of reinstating government funding to The Bump WA and in doing so saving The Bump WA. Through saving this organisation you will be allowing women and their partners the opportunity to be fully informed, educated and empowered through pregnancy, child birth and into parenthood.
Today: Change. Choice. Continuity. is counting on you
Change. Choice. Continuity. needs your help with “Hon. Roger Cook: #saveTheBumpWA”. Join Change. Choice. Continuity. and 2,262 supporters today.