Renovate the South Hobart Community Centre on D’Arcy St
This petition made change with 181 supporters!
The South Hobart Community Centre is dark and not fit for purpose. It was built in 1950 as locker rooms, and has only had minor renovations in the last 68 years. It is time for some work to be done!
The Hall has been home to South Hobart Playgroup for over 40 years and is the regular venue for many groups including the Japanese Mothers Group, Dance Club, Music Groups, children’s birthday parties and other community gatherings.
We are calling on the Hobart City Council who own the building, to undertake a simple renovation of the Community Centre to improve the natural light, increase access for disabilities and make it a more suitable space for children and families.
We are asking for the Hobart City Council to make the following renovations to the Centre:
• Open the Centre to the park via large opening doors in the centre of the building.
• Build some covered outdoor space attached to the Centre which offers shade and shelter.
• A minor extension to create a slightly larger overall floor plan.
• Upgrade the flooring, toilet, and kitchen facilities so people with disabilities can use the Centre.
• Build some storage for chairs, tables, and equipment such as speakers, fans, toys, sports, and cleaning equipment.
Today: Nadia is counting on you
Nadia Booker needs your help with “Hobart City Council : Renovate the South Hobart Community Centre on D’Arcy St”. Join Nadia and 180 supporters today.