Stop the Academisation of Highlands Primary School.
This petition had 40 supporters
- Redbridge, as a Local Authority, is one of the best, in terms of education, with nearly all Local Authority maintained schools either Ofsted rated ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’.
- Parents were not convinced that AfA is a reputable organisation.
- We have not received any evidence from the school, as to why academisation is a good idea and how it will improve the progress of the school. We have been informed that the school was ‘chosen’ to be a lead school, however, we have not received information regarding the possible implications, both positive and negative, of the school undergoing this change. All that has been received is a glossy leaflet stating the intention of the school.
- There is no real evidence to show that turning a school into an academy will automatically raise standards.
- If our school does become an academy and ends up in financial difficulty, it has only been observed in one case whereby the school is able to convert back into a Local Authority maintained school.
- Questions about the financial viability of the proposal were left unanswered by the Chair of Governors.
- The educational benefits of the proposal were not highlighted, or explained, at all.
- The Local Authority representative stated at a meeting, held on Friday 17th November 2017, that the school cannot achieve anything with an academy that it cannot with the Local Authority.
Today: Aqsa is counting on you
Aqsa Ahmed needs your help with “Highlands Primary School: Stop the Academisation of Highlands Primary School.”. Join Aqsa and 39 supporters today.