Vote "no" against a hi-rise on Shadow Lawn
This petition made change with 76 supporters!
As a resident in Highlands or will be directly affected by this development I am signing this petition to ask you to vote NO Wednesday June 3rd on 0-15-20 which amends the zoning on the Shadow Lawn property via ordinance to increase capacity and height of the building. The blue line in the pictures illustrates where 6 stories would be.
I am opposed to this ordinance amendment for the following reasons:
- Financial analysis indicates that the financial burden this residential development puts on the borough far outweighs the marginal tax benefits
- Slump Block issues put that development as well as the surrounding community at risk of mud slide or land flow
- Environmental and ecological considerations have not been adequately addressed /mitigated
- Traffic impacts have not been addressed
- Other impacts on infrastructure (including but not limited to sewer) have not been properly researched, documented, and made available
- The multiple attempts to spot zone this property exposes the borough to costly litigation.
These types of ordinances have been pushed through without consideration and acknowledgement the majority of Highlands does NOT want it. This is the 3rd time.
For the above reasons, this amendment is NOT IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF OUR BOROUGH.
I would like to further remind all the council, that you work for US, the residents and tax payers of Highlands. We've done this multiple times. The current owner can build up to 6 stories today, you don't need to put additional strain on the hill.
I urge you to vote NO on the subject Ordinance at the June 3rd Meeting.
Today: Melissa is counting on you
Melissa Pedersen needs your help with “Highlands New Jersey Borough Council: Vote "no" against a hi-rise on Shadow Lawn”. Join Melissa and 75 supporters today.