Say no to moving the taxi rank to Stonehills & the removal of parking in WGC town centre
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Hertfordshire County Council, in partnership with Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council, plan to make significant changes to Welwyn Garden City town centre.
This plan includes;
- The part pedestrianisation of the town centre;
- The removal of up to 50 parking bays from the town centre;
- Moving the taxi rank to Stonehills from its current location outside The Howard Centre.
We the undersigned object to these plans due to;
- Lack of parking, making shops inaccessible, especially for individuals who are disabled or struggle to walk longer distances,
- Increased air pollution on Stonehills from taxi engines, (Nitrogen Oxide created from engines is damaging to health),
- Increased noise pollution on Stonehills from taxis throughout the day and night. (Residents live on Stonehills and taxis are present from 6am – 2.30am daily),
- A negative impact on the atmosphere and aesthetics on Stonehills,
- Reduction of footfall for businesses. Evidence suggests footfall is likely to drop by 20%, which could be detrimental to businesses existence.
Thank you very much for taking your time to read and sign the petition. If you would like to get in contact with us contact email@example.com
Today: object2wgcchanges is counting on you
object2wgcchanges needs your help with “Hertfordshire County Council: Say no to moving the taxi rank to Stonehills & the removal of parking in WGC town centre”. Join object2wgcchanges and 218 supporters today.