Help Veterans Get Their Benefits
This petition made change with 25 supporters!
America has lost veterans to suicide before they receive their veteran benefits. Some veterans die before their claim is processed. No veteran should be lost in such tragic circumstances.
Hundreds of thousands of veterans have waited years for the VA to process a benefits claim. Some reports state there are well over one million waiting.
Here Are The Facts:
1. As of June 2014, the VBA reported pending disability claims is just over 550,000.
2. Other figures state more than 1-million claims just from digital applications that still await review.
3. According to the Center For Investigative Reporting (CIR), veterans waiting more than one year for their benefits grew from 11,000 in January 2009 to 245,000 in December 2009 – an increase of more than 2,000 percent.
4. According to figures from the VA, which grossly underrepresented the situation, there are over 250,000 veterans who wait more than the 125 days for review.
5. The VA widely reports the average wait time for a claims process is 273 days. But internal data indicates veterans filing their first claim wait between 316 and 327 days.
6. Those filing for the first time in America’s major population centers, CIR Reports, wait even longer – 642 days in New York, 619 days in Los Angeles and 542 days in Chicago.
Force the VA to process veteran benefit claims within the required four months time!
President Obama 202-456-1111
VA Secretary Robert A. McDonald, www.va.gov 1-800-827-1000
Senator Bernie Sanders, Senate VA Committee Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org 802-862-0697
HVAC Chairman Congressman Jeff Miller, 202-225-4136
Today: Kriss is counting on you
Kriss Perras needs your help with “Help Veterans Get Their Benefits”. Join Kriss and 24 supporters today.