Here's not just one reason but 30 reasons why Millington, TN needs a skatepark!
1. The skatepark will provide a safe place to recreate.
2. Skateparks, if designed and constructed correctly, are fiscally conservative and require very little maintenance.
3. Skateboarders are currently under-served in the area.
4. Skateboarding has millions of participants nationally and is growing while team sports participation is in decline.
5. Skateboarding is a 2.5-billion dollar industry.
6. Skateboarders are a vital part of urban communities.
7. A skatepark can attract skateboarding tourists if designed to do so.
8. With national health issues looming for today’s youth, it’s time to offer a greater number of healthy, athletic choices.
9. The low cost to participation makes it accessible to everyone.
10. Thousands of other communities understand the value of skateparks.
11. Skating in a park is much safer than skating in the streets.
12. Our community already has hundreds, and maybe thousands of skateboarders.
13. In the future there are going to be many legitimate places to skate in the city. The time to embark on that positive future is now.
14. A skatepark is a place where skateboarders and other people who might not cross paths in the street can come together.
15. Skateparks can displace other less desirable activities in an area.
16. The skatepark can be an attraction for family outings.
17. Skateboarding is cool and the skatepark will enhance the community’s reputation.
18. Good skateparks have volunteers to help maintain the facility.
19. Skateparks can draw skateboarders away from less appropriate areas.
20. Young and old people enjoy skateparks.
21. Skateparks support vibrant, healthy communities, just like many other athletic facilities.
22. Skateboarding is mainstream.
23. Skateboarding is a popular spectator sport.
24. Skateparks are flexible in design and can work in many different size plots.
25. The skatepark will be a place to go after school.
26. Neighborhood skateparks allow younger skaters to recreate safely close to home.
27. This skatepark effort will turn skaters into community activists.
28. There are experts who will help our community plan the skatepark.
29. The best time to start the new skatepark is today.
30. If a city doesn’t have a skatepark, it is a skatepark.
By signing this petition, you will help bring us closer to our goal of 1,000 signatures to show our community leaders the interest that exists for a skatepark. Many business and community leaders are on board as well as hundreds of individuals. Our community is clearly excited and eager to see this project succeed. You can be a part of that excitement by supporting our youth simply by signing this petition.
If you have any queries regarding our organization in regards to the project, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com or Robin.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Millington Skate Park Project