HELP US CLEAN UP INDIA'S EDUCATION SYSTEM
This petition had 511 supporters
“I am what I am because of education,” says the PM of India. You were born in a village with no electricity, school, hospital or drinking water. You invested in yourself in education, and the country enabled your dreams to come true.
But Sir, if the college you attended was an institution giving fake degree? If it was one of those degree/diploma mills that came into being to exploit vulnerable students. Today, fake degrees are up for sale, openly and publicly.
A country which protects a Rs 1,000 financial investment vide a legal document called ‘Prospectus’ and a regulator like SEBI, is unable to protect a student who invested Rs 5 to 25 lakhs and spent two to five years of their life. Cheats and fraudsters are having a free run – fully confident of the loopholes in the administration.
The result - fake, unrecognised, profiteering, greedy institutes thrive across the country. Students are being bullied, harassed and ruined. Sir, the student community is looking to you and the time to act is now. While you work on a complete overhaul of the education system, can you, in the interim do the following:
1. Ensure that the regulatory bodies have enough teeth, will and the ability to clamp down on misleading statements coming from fake institutes, and that the regulators use their powers rather than pass on buck.
2. Ensure that FIRs are filed by administration against each of these fake institutes which purport to give degrees that they aren’t empowered to.
3. Ensure that any prospectus or a brochure is treated as a legally binding document and that the administration can act against any misleading statements.
4. Ensure minimum disclosure in each and every advertisement, which includes recognition, accreditation etc.
5. Ensure that all institutes offering more than a six-month programme are compelled to have a ‘mandatory disclosure statement’ and the latest ‘prospectus’, on their website.
6. Ensure vide a coordinated effort with the states, an ethical norm for soliciting students, an ethical way of offering Distance learning degrees through institutes.
We ask students, parents, professionals, stakeholders in education and citizens of India to sign this petition, post comments, feedback and experiences, and spread the message. Play your role in helping Careers360 reach out to the highest authority in the country to act, today. Sign up. Speak out. Help clean up our education system, today!
Today: Maheshwar is counting on you
Maheshwar Peri, Publisher of Careers360 magazine (www.careers360.com) needs your help with “HELP US CLEAN UP INDIA'S EDUCATION SYSTEM”. Join Maheshwar and 510 supporters today.