Help us build a Family Play Centre in Taber
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Did you know that there is nowhere, besides the Aquafun center and Taber Gymnastics Club, for families and children to go year-round, to play, get exercise and socialize? My intent is to support the Town of Taber with the information needed to create an indoor facility that accommodates families of all ages and encourages them in participating in healthy recreational activities and socialization.
A Family Play Centre could provide a large play structure, toddler area (supervised by parents and guardians themselves) and climbing wall for play, learning, exploration, and socialization to new parents, children, teenagers, those with special needs and adults in a safe, beautiful and welcoming environment.
As stated on the Town of Taber website in the Demographics, Statistics and Maps page, quote, “Taber’s population is also unique in that over 30% of the residents are under the age of 15. This makes Taber, the fourth youngest small town in Canada with a median age of 35.2” close quote.
With 30% of the residents under the age of 15, this shows the need to support our families and the younger aged population of Taber with something created just for them.
A Family Play Centre would provide an opportunity that is unavailable elsewhere within our trading area.
The creation of this building could:
- Produce more visitors from out of town and surrounding areas
- Support children and teens in healthy recreational activities and keep them out of trouble
- Cater birthday parties and special events
- Create an environment that supports those with special needs, through self mastery on the play equipment, and facilitates them in communicating and socializing with others around them
- Provide a place for those passing by, for parents/guardians to let their children run around and burn off some energy from being in a vehicle or road trip.
- Host an environment for year-round usage, that other recreational options in town don't always provide (excluding the Aquafun centre and Taber Gymnastics Club)
The Town of Taber website states, quote, “The large trading area surrounding Taber includes approximately 24,000 people. This centric trading relationship ensures that Taber enjoys a competitive retail sector, is able to offer comprehensive financial and legal options, and has a variety of recreational opportunities that are unavailable elsewhere within our trading area,” close quote. (Census from 2015)
I would like to support the statement that Taber has a variety of recreational opportunities that are unavailable elsewhere within our trading area, as this certainly would be. We have the spray park due to the hard work of our community members, and that is what I hope to do.
I am optimistic in showing the town of Taber that a Family Play Centre is something worth investing in. That the people are worth investing for.
Today: Laura is counting on you
Laura Steed needs your help with “Help us build a Family Play Centre in Taber”. Join Laura and 178 supporters today.