Please help us save our sustainable farm and holistic living education center (www.honaunaufarm.com) from unnecessary foreclosure! It is our home, our livelihood and a valuable community resource.
Help us take a stand for justice against the powerful banking industry! We've worked hard to create something good in the world because we believe in being the change. Now we need your help to have our voices heard!
Who We Are:
Honaunau Eco-Retreat Farm is a working demonstration of healthful living, offering education opportunities to our local community and people from all over the world.
· We are an educational model for several local schools providing sustainable living skills to hundreds of youth each year.
· We host classes and workshops for all ages that weave whole foods nutrition, farming, sustainability practices, and natural health.
· We have visitors from all over the world for tours, short stays, internships and long term community immersions.
· We are a botanical paradise with over 100 fruit trees of different varieties, beautiful vegetable gardens, medicinal plants and herbs, and 150 macadamia nut trees.
· We teach animal husbandry and care for many animals, including milking goats, sheep, rabbits, chickens and ducks, two dogs and four kitties.
· We are a gathering place and a significant resource for our local community.
We need your support to continue to be of service in this endeavor. We have been in a legal battle to save this incredible resource for over four and a half years. Our farm is set to be foreclosed on Feb 13th and we believe we should be given a loan modification settlement based on the current value.
The Foreclosure Circumstance:
We bought our property in January of 2007 and a year later it lost half of its value....a circumstance many folks can relate to. BofA bought Countrywide, so in the spring of 2008 we contacted BofA to see if we could qualify for one of the federal modification programs. To apply we were told we had to be in default, so reluctantly after having never been late on a payment, we fell behind. After 6 months of paper work and meeting all their requests they informed us we did not qualify for their programs and we owed a significant amount in payments and fees, again a common story for many folks who lost their homes and land. BofA gave us a month to come up with this money before they put us in foreclosure.
The Legal Battle:
Since we felt very deeply that this was wrong, we embarked on a legal journey, working hard to save our farm and bring justice to our situation. We’ve pursed many avenues to bring this to a positive conclusion including personal bankruptcy, pro-se litigation, and legal foreclosure defense. It has been a difficult and expensive journey and once again when we were feeling a resolution was near, we were denied a DOJ loan modification settlement by Bayview Loan Servicing. We were denied for reasons they have yet to disclose. Our legal defense was appealing their decision and simultaneously they put our farm on the auction block for Nov 14th. They recently pushed it back to Feb 13th.
Help us Be Heard!
Right now, we are up against one of the most powerful corporate industries in our country! We want to save our home and the valuable community resource that is Honaunau Farm and we will need thousands of signatures to do it! We need support to have our voices heard. We need you! Please stand with us and add your voice!
Thank you (Mahalo)
Steve Sakala and the whole Honaunau Farm community
PS....We are also asking for help to raise funds for our legal defense. Please visit our website www.honaunaufarm.com and click the SAVE OUR FARM! tab for links. Mahalo again!
- CEO Bank of America
Brian T. Moynihan
- President of the United States
- Partner, Cades Schuttes LLP
- CEO Bayviw Financial
- CEO Bank of New York Mellon
- Officer, Bayview Loan Servicing
Please Save Honaunau Farm and Ecological Education Center from Foreclosure and Give Us a Loan Modification Settlement for the appraised value.
Honaunau Farm and Eco-Retreat started this petition with a single signature, and now has 804 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.