Help get money out of politics - sign The 99% Declaration
The 99% Declaration provides a rare opportunity to bring together the various organizations fighting diligently on behalf of critically important single issues in a potential "Movement of Movements" to garner widespread support for issues many of us agree need to be addressed and redressed immediately.
The more our voices join together in unison, the more they will be heard. At this time of crisis in our democracy, we must unite our disparate causes into a single effort wherever our interests intersect to quickly correct the course of our country and restore democracy BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE.
Continental Congress 2.0 will be comprised of hundreds of citizen delegates, elected online from every state. The delegates will meet in Philadelphia the week of July 4, 2012 to ratify a "Petition for Redress of Grievances" demanding, among other things:
1. An End to Corporate Personhood
2. The Overturning of the Supreme Court's Decision in Citizens United v. F.E.C.
3. The Elimination of Crony Capitalism and Washington's Revolving Door of Corruption
4. Comprehensive Banking and Securities Reform to end Wall Street's Control of our Politicians
5. 100% Public Financing of Political Campaigns and Other Election Reforms
6. That all Politicians Take the Rootstrikers' Anti-Corruption Pledge Before the November 2012 General Election
Once signed and ratified, the Petition will be served on the 535 members of Congress, the President and Supreme Court.
Join the movement of movements - sign on to the 99% Declaration today.
BE IT RESOLVED THAT WE, THE NINETY-NINE PERCENT OF THE PEOPLE of the United States of America, in order to form a more perfect Union, by, for and of the People, shall elect Delegates in the spring of 2012 to convene a "CONTINENTAL CONGRESS 2.0" the week of July 4, 2012 in the City Of Philadelphia to prepare and ratify a petition for a redress of grievances on behalf of the Ninety-Nine Percent of the People of the United States to be served upon the United States Congress, United States Supreme Court and President of the United States prior to November 6, 2012.
The 99% Declaration started this pledge with a single signature, and now has 1,086 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.