Help Aulander Restore Public Park Facilities
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
For many years, the town of Aulander hasn't had a park. The children are forced to roam around with nothing to be involved in after school. Urban parks are dynamic institutions that play a vital, but not fully appreciated or understood role in the social, economic and physical well-being of America's urban areas and its residents. They're not only safe and beautiful, but also serve as green engines to help address nearly every critical urban need from health to housing, to education and environmental justice, and countering sprawl to combating crime.
- Parks are a tangible reflection of the quality of life in a community.
- Parks provide gathering places for families and social groups, as well as for individuals of all ages and economic status, regardless of their ability to pay for access.
Health and Environmental Benefits
- Parks and recreation facilities are the places that people go to get healthy and stay fit.
- Parks and protected public lands are proven to improve water quality, protect groundwater, prevent flooding, improve the quality of the air we breathe, provide vegetative buffers to development, produce habitat for wildlife, and provide a place for children and families to connect with nature and recreate outdoors together.
- Parks improve the local tax base and increase property values.
- Quality parks and recreation are cited as one of the top three reasons that business cite in relocation decisions in a number of studies.
Today: Jonathan is counting on you
Jonathan Boone needs your help with “Help Aulander Restore Public Park Facilities”. Join Jonathan and 272 supporters today.