This bill will
- Allow abortion of babies who are capable of being born alive
- Legalise the brutal partial birth abortion method which involves the breech delivery of the living, moving child, except for the head. The abortionist then stabs scissors into the base of the baby’s skull, inserts a suction tube to remove the brain, crushes the skull, then delivers the rest of the baby – dead.
- Remove the protection of the law from all unborn children in Tasmania right up to birth.
- Not provide any support for women who are under pressure to abort from partners or others. Women coerced in this way may regret their abortions for the rest of their lives.
- Force all health professionals to facilitate abortion under threat of possible deregistration and loss of livelihood.