No to lowering of standards at Hawksmoor School Greenwich, No to ties with Linton Mead
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
We the parents of Hawksmoor School have started to witness the deterioration of the excellent standards set by the previous head teacher.
- An Ofsted inspection for Hawksmoor rated us as "outstanding" now we are ran by a school rated as "good".
- Instead of exporting the outstanding qualities of Hawksmoor we are receiving the substandard quality of the "good" school.
- We have seen the removal of mathletics which is a key learning tool
- Travelling – the yearly school trips for years 5 and 6 has been cancelled and no reasons were given to the parents of pupils affected.
- The introduction of no homework for the lowest 3 classes of the school - nursery, reception and year one.
- There has been a mass exodus of good teachers from the school. We don’t know how many more teachers would not be resuming at the next academic year in September 2018 as our children’s report cards does not state the names of the teachers that will be teaching them in the next class.
- Returning of "The Big Write Folder" this folder contains assessed literacy work that the children have done through out their time at Hawksmoor from reception to year six.
- There is now only one nursery class instead of the usual two – this is very absurd as Hawksmoor Nursery was heavily oversubscribed and a great start for the little ones in the community.
- The lack of adult presence during play times thereby leading to serious injuries for the pupils.
- Lack of communication with parents.
- Lack of consultation with parents on key decisions.
- The change in class names: The parents and pupils of Hawksmoor are particularly angry about the unnecessary and disturbing departure from the school’s identity. Hawksmoor School’s name comes from a family of birds and classes named after birds. Removal of the class names is an erosion of our identity.
We have to act now before the education and the balanced well being of our children begins to suffer.
Please sign the petition and help us save the standards of Hawkmoor School
The Parents Forum of Hawksmoor School started this petition on behalf of all the parents that have chosen to add their names to the cause. No one individual will be named in the assurance that they will not be scapegoated, victimised or harassed by those who the petition is against.
Today: Mary is counting on you
Mary Davids needs your help with “Heads of Hawksmoor School: No to lowering of standards at Hawksmoor School Greenwich, No to ties with Linton Mead”. Join Mary and 381 supporters today.