Central RMO cutoff and Original INMO questions
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
1. Central RMO cutoff: RMO is the second stage leading to Indian National Mathematical Olympiad, INMO. Contestants who appear for RMO are generally selected as top 30 from a region, but this leads to extremely unfair discrepancies. For example, this year the West Bengal pre-revaluation cutoff is assumed to be around 55. Compared to that cutoff, we see: (based on a RMO marks scraper hold on AOPS)
•Andhra Pradesh - top 5 will be selected.
• Delhi - top 16 will be selected
• Karnataka - top 5 will be selected
• Madhya Pradesh - top 8 will be selected
• Northwest - top 6 will be selected
• Southbihar - top 2 will be selected
• Tamilnadu - top 14 will be selected
• Uttarpradesh - none will be selected
• Uttarakhand - none will be selected
• Assam - top 2 will be selected
This creates an unfair discripancy. For example, the Assam pre-revaluation cutoff is estimated to be around 1, so a student getting 10 marks would happily proceed to INMO, but needless to say, with the exact same marks he has no chance in West Bengal.
2. Original questions in INMO: Each year, lots of question are being copied. For example, in this year's INMO paper,
• Question #1 was copied from Sharygin
• Question #4 was copied from Canadian MO training sheets.
• Questoin #5 was almost same as Question #5 of INMO 2015
Today: Suryadeep is counting on you
Suryadeep Ghosh needs your help with “HBCHSE: Proposable changes in mathematical olympiad programme”. Join Suryadeep and 17 supporters today.