Get the Government to Allow Drawdown on Workplace Pensions prior to 2015

Get the Government to Allow Drawdown on Workplace Pensions prior to 2015

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!
Jennie Flory started this petition to Have you got a Workplace Pension which came to fruition before 2015

The Government allowed people with workplace pensions to drawdown their money ONLY if their pension came to fruition from 2015 onwards.  My workplace pension came to fruition in 2006 and at that time I was allowed to take a lump sum of 25% (which was tax free) and after that I was only allowed to take the interest on the balance of the remaining 75%.  At the time that was the only option until 2015 when the Government passed a bill that allowed anyone taking their workplace pension after 2015 could take the first 25% tax free and then, if they wished, drawdown the balance of 75%.  This sum would be taxed.  Each month I receive a small sum from my pension provider, which is taxed and the balance of my pension, which could leave me debt free, remains with the pension company and when I die the pension will revert back to the Pension company and my children will get nothing.  I feel, very strongly, that this is theft as this is my money.  Please help me, and thousands of other people in my position to have a choice with what they do with the pension that belongs to them and they have earned.  We will need to find a solicitor who is prepared to fight this for us.  Please sign this petition

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!