Stop the building of a Lidl on rural, greenfield land, Hayling Island
This petition had 219 supporters
Lidl are planning to build a supermarket on the corner of Manor Road and Church Road, Hayling Island, despite not having adequate infrastructure or footfall. The chosen site is greenfield land that is prone to flooding. Please sign this petition if you want Lidl to reverse their ludicrous proposal.
10 reasons why I believe the building should NOT go ahead:
1. It will be built just outside a residential area with no retail premises nearby
2. The development is likely to encourage more investors and developers to build on the surrounding rural areas
3. There is too much congestion at peak times without retail premises
4. The retail premises will be built off a 40mph road between a bend and a roundabout
5. People will still travel on and off the island for work, leisure and holiday
6. The premises will create added noise, light, visual and air pollution
7. The premises is likely to take business from local, established stores
8. The premises will deruralise a currently rural area, since the building is not likely to be pleasant to look at
9. The surrounding infrastructure is unsuitable for new retail premises
10. The premises are going to be built on greenfield land, currently prone to flooding
Today: Owen is counting on you
Owen Jones needs your help with “Havant Borough Council: Stop the building of a Lidl on, rural, greenfield land, Hayling Island”. Join Owen and 218 supporters today.