Save Old Bedhampton
This petition made change with 398 supporters!
We, the undersigned, petition Havant Borough Council to remove site UE30 (Land south of Lower Road) from any future consideration as a housing site in their Local Plan for one, some or all of the following overriding reasons:-
• The damage it will cause to the historic and landscape setting of the Old Bedhampton Conservation Area
• The irreparable harm it will cause to the ancient heritage of this part of the Borough
• The detrimental change that development will bring to the amenity and character of the area
• The added dangers that will arise on the blind corners and shared roadway of Lower Road and at the mini roundabout junction on Bedhampton Road as a result of significant additional traffic using the bends and making right turns into Brookside Road
• The failure to comply with government guidance and the core principle of protecting heritage assets contained in Paragraph 132 of the National Planning Policy Framework and Section 66(1) of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
• The ability to provide 50 houses on other less sensitive sites
• The precedent that would be set for future further development in this area
• Any public good that might be generated would not outweigh the harm and danger that would arise from the development
Today: Iain is counting on you
Iain Fairley needs your help with “Havant Borough Council: Save Old Bedhampton”. Join Iain and 397 supporters today.