We want answers! Student lives matter !
This petition made change with 1,932 supporters!
We, the final year students at GJUS&T, Hisar want answers from the University administration and the Haryana government regarding following points (considering that final year exams have not been deferred):
- How would you ensure that no asymptomatic Covid-19 student spreads the virus?
- How would you ensure the safety and travel arrangements of students who commute from long distances, such as other districts or rural areas?
- What provision would you have for those who unfortunately got the Covid-19? Would they be passed on past performance or would their whole year be wasted?
- What about those students who are under quarantine or cannot commute to give their exams in the University?
- Is giving exams the only option left for us? Can't we be assessed or passed based on past performance or internal assessments?
- Who will be responsible if the conduct of exams leads to community spread across Haryana? The students might act as super-spreaders of Covid-19!
We are aware that the next two years are going to be really tough for the passing out students in getting suitable employment, given the recession. But we are equally aware that risking our lives for some numbers on a piece of paper is not worth it at all.
So, we demand answers to above questions not just for us but for final year students of other universities in Haryana as well. Else, it would appear as if our lives are of no significance to the concerned authorities.
Today: Sachin is counting on you
Sachin Sharma needs your help with “Haryana Government: We want answers! Student lives matter !”. Join Sachin and 1,931 supporters today.